frown: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (froun), [key]
- to contract the brow, as in displeasure or deep thought; scowl.
- to look displeased; have an angry look.
- to view with disapproval; look disapprovingly (usually fol. by on or upon): to frown upon a scheme.
- to express by a frown: to frown one's displeasure.
- to force or shame with a disapproving frown: to frown someone into silence.
- a frowning look; scowl.
- any expression or show of disapproval: a tax bill that received Congressional frowns.
- frown (Thesaurus)