Meaning of frozen
Pronunciation: (frō'zun), [key]
- pp. of
- congealed by cold; turned into ice.
- covered with ice, as a stream.
- frigid; very cold.
- injured or killed by frost or cold.
- obstructed by ice, as pipes.
- chilly or cold in manner; unfeeling: a frozen stare.
- rigid; immobilized: The child was frozen with fear.
- quick-frozen: frozen foods.
- (of food) chilled or refrigerated.
- (esp. of a drink) mixed with ice and frappéed in an electric blender.
- in a form that is not readily convertible into cash; not liquid: frozen assets.
- not permitted to be changed or incapable of being altered; fixed: frozen rents; frozen salaries.
- (of the discard pile) unable to be picked up by a player unless the player's hand contains a natural pair to match the top card of the pile. Cf. freeze (def. 26).
- frozen (Thesaurus)