Meaning of furring
Pronunciation: (fûr'ing), [key]
- the act of lining, trimming, or clothing with fur: Furring this coat will take several weeks.
- the fur used: What kind of furring would you like?
- the formation of a coating of matter on something, as on the tongue: A heavy furring could mean a high fever.
- the attaching of strips of wood or the like(fur&prim;ring strips&sec;)to a wall or other surface, as to provide an even support for lath or to provide an air space between the wall and plasterwork.
- material used for this purpose.
- furring (Thesaurus)