Meaning of futurity
Pronunciation: (fy-toor'i-tē, -tyoor'-, -choor'-, -chûr'-), [key]
— pl. -ties.
- future time: Such discussion is better left to futurity.
- future generations; posterity: What will futurity say about this?
- the afterlife: the promise of eternal rest in futurity.
- a future state or condition; a future event, possibility, or prospect: We are concerned about the futurity of unsubsidized opera. His tactfulness remains more of a futurity than a reality.
- the quality of being future: the futurity of the end of the world.
- Also calleda race, usually for two-year-olds, in which the entrants are selected long before the race is run, sometimes before the birth of the foal.
- futurity (Thesaurus)