Galician: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (gu-lish'ē-un, -lish'un), [key]
- of or pertaining to Galicia in NW Spain, its people, or their language.
- of or pertaining to Galicia in E central Europe or its people.
- a native or inhabitant of Galicia in Spain.
- the language of Spanish Galicia, often considered a dialect of Portuguese.
- a native or inhabitant of Galicia in E central Europe.
- a Jew from Polish Galicia, esp. one speaking a Galician dialect of Yiddish.
- galician (Thesaurus)