Meaning of garbage
Pronunciation: (gär'bij), [key]
- discarded animal and vegetable matter, as from a kitchen; refuse.
- any matter that is no longer wanted or needed; trash.
- anything that is contemptibly worthless, inferior, or vile: There's nothing but garbage on TV tonight.
- worthless talk; lies; foolishness.
- any unnecessary item added to something else, as for appearance only; garnish: I'll have an Old Fashioned, but without the garbage.
- useless artificial satellites or parts of rockets floating in space, as satellites that are no longer transmitting information or rocket boosters jettisoned in flight.
- meaningless or unwanted data: That program was not properly debugged and produced nothing but garbage.
- garbage (Thesaurus)