Meaning of geography
Pronunciation: ( jē-og'ru-fē), [key]
— pl. -phies.
- the science dealing with the areal differentiation of the earth's surface, as shown in the character, arrangement, and interrelations over the world of such elements as climate, elevation, soil, vegetation, population, land use, industries, or states, and of the unit areas formed by the complex of these individual elements.
- the study of this science.
- the topographical features of a region, usually of the earth, sometimes of the planets.
- a book dealing with this science or study, as a textbook.
- the arrangement of features of any complex entity: the geography of the mind.
- geography (Thesaurus)