Meaning of glue
Pronunciation: (gl), [key]
— n., v., glued, glu•ing.
- a hard, impure, protein gelatin, obtained by boiling skins, hoofs, and other animal substances in water, that when melted or diluted is a strong adhesive.
- any of various solutions or preparations of this substance, used as an adhesive.
- any of various other solutions or preparations that can be used as adhesives.
- to join or fasten with glue.
- to cover or smear (something) with glue (sometimes fol. by up).
- to fix or attach firmly with or as if with glue; make adhere closely: to glue a model ship together.
- glue (Thesaurus)