Meaning of grease
Pronunciation: (n.grēsv.grēs, grēz), [key]
— n., v., greased, greasing.
- the melted or rendered fat of animals, esp. when in a soft state.
- fatty or oily matter in general; lubricant.
- Also calledwool, as shorn, before being cleansed of the oily matter.
- Also calledinflammation of a horse's skin in the fetlock region, attended with an oily secretion.
- a bribe.
- to put grease on; lubricate: to grease the axle of a car.
- to smear or cover with grease.
- to cause to occur easily; smooth the way; facilitate.
- to bribe.
- See (def. 11).
- grease (Thesaurus)