Meaning of gully
Pronunciation: (gul'ē), [key]
— n., pl. v., -lies, -lied, -ly•ing.
- a small valley or ravine originally worn away by running water and serving as a drainageway after prolonged heavy rains.
- a ditch or gutter.
- the position of a fielder between point and slips.
- the fielder occupying this position.
- to make gullies in.
- to form (channels) by the action of water.
Pronunciation: (gul'ē, gool'ē), [key]
— pl. -lies.
- a knife, esp. a large kitchen or butcher knife.
- gully (Thesaurus)