Meaning of hanger
Pronunciation: (hang'ur), [key]
- a shoulder-shaped frame with a hook at the top, usually of wire, wood, or plastic, for draping and hanging a garment when not in use.
- a part of something by which it is hung, as a loop on a garment.
- a contrivance on which things are hung, as a hook.
- a double-hinged device linking the chassis with the leaf springs on vehicles having solid axles.
- a light saber of the 17th and 18th centuries, often worn by sailors.
- a person who hangs something.
- hanger (Thesaurus)