Meaning of heading
Pronunciation: (hed'ing), [key]
- something that serves as a head, top, or front.
- a title or caption of a page, chapter, etc.
- a section of the subject of a discourse; a main division of a topic or theme.
- the compass direction toward which a traveler or vehicle is or should be moving; course.
- an active underground mining excavation in the earth, as a drift or raise being or about to be driven.
- the angle between the axis from front to rear of an aircraft and some reference line, as magnetic north.
- heading (Thesaurus)