Meaning of hence
Pronunciation: (hens), [key]
- as an inference from this fact; for this reason; therefore: The eggs were very fresh and hence satisfactory.
- from this time; from now: They will leave a month hence.
- from this source or origin.
- The inn is but a quarter mile hence.
- from this place; from here; away:The inn is but a quarter mile hence.
- from this world or from the living:After a long, hard life they were taken hence.
- henceforth; from this time on.
- depart (usually used imperatively).
- hence (Thesaurus)