Meaning of hint
Pronunciation: (hint), [key]
- an indirect, covert, or helpful suggestion; clue: Give me a hint as to his identity.
- a very slight or hardly noticeable amount; soupçon: a hint of garlic in the salad dressing.
- perceived indication or suggestion; note; intimation: a hint of spring in the air.
- an occasion or opportunity.
- to give a hint of: gray skies hinting a possible snowfall.
- to make indirect suggestion or allusion; subtly imply (usually fol. by at): The article hinted at corruption in the mayor's office.
- hint (Thesaurus)