honorary: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (on'u-rer"ē), [key]
- given for honor only, without the usual requirements, duties, privileges, emoluments, etc.: The university presented the new governor with an honorary degree.
- holding a title or position conferred for honor only: an honorary president.
- (of an obligation) depending on one's honor for fulfillment.
- conferring or commemorating honor or distinction.
- given, made, or serving as a token of honor: an honorary gift.
- honorary (Thesaurus)