Meaning of hydro
Pronunciation: (hī'drō), [key]
— n., pl. adj. -dros
- hydroelectric power.
- a bathhouse, hotel, or resort catering to people taking mineral-water health cures; spa.
- an establishment furnishing hydrotherapy.
- of, pertaining to, or furnishing water, water power, or hydroelectricity: funds for new hydro projects.
- a combining form meaning “water,” used in the formation of compound words: hydroplane; hydrogen.
- a combining form representingin compound words, denoting esp. a combination of hydrogen with some negative element or radical: hydrobromic.