Meaning of hypothetical
Pronunciation: (hī"pu-thet'i-kul), [key]
- assumed by hypothesis; supposed: a hypothetical case.
- of, pertaining to, involving, or characterized by hypothesis: hypothetical reasoning.
- given to making hypotheses.
- (of a proposition) highly conjectural; not well supported by available evidence.
- (of a proposition or syllogism) conditional.
- a hypothetical situation, instance, etc.: The Secretary of Defense refused to discuss hypotheticals with the reporters.
- hypothetical (Thesaurus)