imagine: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (i-maj'in), [key]
— v., -ined, -in•ing.
- to form a mental image of (something not actually present to the senses).
- to think, believe, or fancy: He imagined the house was haunted.
- to assume; suppose: I imagine they'll be here soon.
- to conjecture; guess: I cannot imagine what you mean.
- to plan, scheme, or plot.
- to form mental images of things not present to the senses; use the imagination.
- to suppose; think; conjecture.
- imagine (Thesaurus)