Meaning of inclination
Pronunciation: (in"klu-nā'shun), [key]
- a disposition or bent, esp. of the mind or will; a liking or preference: Much against his inclination, he was forced to resign.
- something to which one is inclined: In sports his inclination is tennis.
- the act of inclining; state of being inclined.
- a tendency toward a certain condition, action, etc.: the door's inclination to stick.
- deviation or amount of deviation from a normal, esp. horizontal or vertical, direction or position.
- an inclined surface.
- the angle between two lines or two planes.
- the angle formed by the x-axis and a given line.
- the angle between the orbital plane of a planet and another given plane, usually the ecliptic.
- the angle between the equatorial and orbital planes of a planet.
- dip (def. 32).
- inclination (Thesaurus)