Meaning of incompatible
Pronunciation: (in"kum-pat'u-bul), [key]
- not compatible; unable to exist together in harmony: She asked for a divorce because they were utterly incompatible.
- contrary or opposed in character; discordant: incompatible colors.
- that cannot coexist or be conjoined.
- (of two or more propositions) unable to be true simultaneously.
- (of two or more attributes of an object) unable to belong to the object simultaneously; inconsistent.
- (of positions, functions, ranks, etc.) unable to be held simultaneously by one person.
- of or pertaining to biological substances that interfere with one another physiologically, as different types of blood in a transfusion.
- of or pertaining to drugs that interfere with one another chemically or physiologically and therefore cannot be mixed or prescribed together.
- Usually,incompatible persons or things.
- an incompatible drug or the like.
- two or more propositions that cannot be true simultaneously.
- two or more attributes that cannot simultaneously belong to the same object.
- incompatible (Thesaurus)