Meaning of incomplete
Pronunciation: (in"kum-plēt'), [key]
- not complete; lacking some part.
- (of a forward pass) not completed; not caught by a receiver.
- noting a truss the panel points of which are not entirely connected so as to form a system of triangles. Cf. complete (def. 8),(def. 5c).
- (of an expression or symbol) meaningful only in a specific context.
- (of a set of axioms) such that there is at least one true proposition (able to be formulated in terms of the basic ideas of a given system) that is not deducible from the set. Cf. complete (def. 7).
- a temporary grade indicating that a student has not fulfilled one or more of the essential requirements for a course: If I don't hand in my term paper for last semester's English course, the professor is going to change my incomplete to an F.
- incomplete (Thesaurus)