Indonesian: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (in"du-nē'zhun, -shun, -zē-un, -dō-), [key]
- a member of the ethnic group consisting of the natives of Indonesia, the Filipinos, and the Malays of Malaysia.
- a member of a population supposed to have been resident in the Malay Archipelago before the Malays, and believed to constitute one element of the present mixed population of Malaysia and perhaps Polynesia.
- Official name,an Indonesian language that is based on the form of Malay spoken in Java and has the status of official language in the Republic of Indonesia.
- the westernmost branch of the Austronesian family of languages, including Malay, Indonesian, Tagalog, and Malagasy.
- of or pertaining to the Malay Archipelago.
- of or pertaining to Indonesia, the Indonesians, or their languages.
- indonesian (Thesaurus)