insight: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (in'sīt"), [key]
- an instance of apprehending the true nature of a thing, esp. through intuitive understanding: an insight into 18th-century life.
- penetrating mental vision or discernment; faculty of seeing into inner character or underlying truth.
- an understanding of relationships that sheds light on or helps solve a problem.
- (in psychotherapy) the recognition of sources of emotional difficulty.
- an understanding of the motivational forces behind one's actions, thoughts, or behavior; self-knowledge.
- insight (Thesaurus)