Meaning of intellect
Pronunciation: (in'tl-ekt"), [key]
- the power or faculty of the mind by which one knows or understands, as distinguished from that by which one feels and that by which one wills; the understanding; the faculty of thinking and acquiring knowledge.
- capacity for thinking and acquiring knowledge, esp. of a high or complex order; mental capacity.
- a particular mind or intelligence, esp. of a high order.
- a person possessing a great capacity for thought and knowledge.
- minds collectively, as of a number of persons or the persons themselves.
- intellect (Thesaurus)