intelligent: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (in-tel'i-junt), [key]
- having good understanding or a high mental capacity; quick to comprehend, as persons or animals: an intelligent student.
- displaying or characterized by quickness of understanding, sound thought, or good judgment: an intelligent reply.
- having the faculty of reasoning and understanding; possessing intelligence: intelligent beings in outer space.
- pertaining to the ability to do data processing locally; smart:Cf. dumb (def. 8). An intelligent terminal can edit input before transmission to a host computer.
- having understanding or knowledge (usually fol. by of&hasp;).
- intelligent (Thesaurus)