intention: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (in-ten'shun), [key]
- an act or instance of determining mentally upon some action or result.
- the end or object intended; purpose.
- a bungler with good intentions.
- purpose or attitude toward the effect of one's actions or conduct:a bungler with good intentions.
- purpose or attitude with respect to marriage:Our friends are beginning to ask what our intentions are.
- the act or fact of intending.
- Also calledfirst intention, primary intention.reference by signs, concepts, etc., to concrete things, their properties, classes, or the relationships among them.
- Also calledsecond intention, secondary intention.reference to properties, classes, or the relationships among first intentions.
- a manner or process of healing, as in the healing of a lesion or fracture without granulationor the healing of a wound by granulation after suppuration
- meaning or significance: The intention of his words was clear.
- the person or thing meant to benefit from a prayer or religious offering.
- intention (Thesaurus)