introvert: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (n., adj.in'tru-vûrt"v.in"tru-vûrt'), [key]
- a shy person.
- a person characterized by concern primarily with his or her own thoughts and feelings (opposed to extrovert).
- a part that is or can be introverted.
- marked by introversion.
- to turn inward: to introvert one's anger.
- to direct (the mind, one's interest, etc.) partly to things within the self.
- to turn (a hollow, cylindrical structure) in on itself; invaginate.
- introvert (Thesaurus)