joggle: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: ( jog'ul), [key]
— v., n. -gled, -gling,
- to shake slightly; move to and fro, as by repeated jerks; jiggle: She joggled the key in the lock a couple of times before getting the door open.
- to cause to shake or totter as by a sudden, slight push; jostle.
- to join or fasten by fitting a projection into a recess.
- to fit or fasten with dowels.
- to move irregularly; have a jogging or jolting motion; shake.
- the act of joggling.
- a slight shake or jolt.
- a moving with jolts or jerks.
- a projection on one of two joining objects fitting into a corresponding recess in the other to prevent slipping.
- an enlarged area, as of a post or king post, for supporting the foot of a strut, brace, etc.
- joggle (Thesaurus)