judicial: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: ( j-dish'ul), [key]
- pertaining to judgment in courts of justice or to the administration of justice: judicial proceedings; the judicial system.
- pertaining to courts of law or to judges; judiciary: judicial functions.
- of or pertaining to a judge; proper to the character of a judge; judgelike: judicial gravity.
- inclined to make or give judgments; critical; discriminating: a judicial mind.
- decreed, sanctioned, or enforced by a court: a judicial decision.
- giving or seeking judgment, as in a dispute or contest; determinative: a judicial duel over lands.
- inflicted by God as a judgment or punishment.
- judicial (Thesaurus)