knockdown: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (nok'doun"), [key]
- capable of knocking something down; overwhelming; irresistible: a knockdown blow.
- constructed in separate parts that can readily be taken apart for easy storage, shipping, etc.: a knockdown toolshed.
- offered or acquired for less than the prevailing rate: first-rate goods at knockdown prices.
- a knockdown object.
- an act or instance of knocking down, esp. by a blow.
- something that fells or overwhelms.
- reduction or lowering, as in price or number: The store offered a knockdown of 15 percent to its own employees.
- an introduction, esp. to a person: He gave me a real knockdown to the company.
- the capsizing of a small boat as a result of a strong gust of wind.
- knockdown (Thesaurus)