Meaning of lair
- a den or resting place of a wild animal: The cougar retired to its lair.
- a secluded or hidden place, esp. a secret retreat or base of operations; a hideout or hideaway: a pirate's lair.
- a place in which to lie or rest; a bed.
- to place in a lair.
- to serve as a lair for.
- to go to, lie in, or have a lair.
- mud; mire.
- to sink or stick in mud or mire.
— n. Chiefly Scot.
- lore; learning.
— n. Australian Informal.
- a man who dresses garishly and is crude or vulgar; showoff.
- lair (Thesaurus)