Meaning of languish
Pronunciation: (lang'gwish), [key]
- to be or become weak or feeble; droop; fade.
- to lose vigor and vitality.
- to undergo neglect or experience prolonged inactivity; suffer hardship and distress: to languish in prison for ten years.
- to be subjected to delay or disregard; be ignored: a petition that languished on the warden's desk for a year.
- to pine with desire or longing.
- to assume an expression of tender, sentimental melancholy.
- the act or state of languishing.
- a tender, melancholy look or expression.
- languish (Thesaurus)