Lawrence: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (lôr'uns, lor'-), [key]
- 1885–1930, English novelist.
- 1901–58, U.S. physicist: inventor of the cyclotron; Nobel prize 1939.
- 1901?–52, English actress.
- born 1917, U.S. painter and educator.
- 1781–1813, U.S. naval officer in the War of 1812.
- Latin,died a.d. 258?, early church martyr.
- 1769–1830, English painter.
- (T. E. Shaw) (“Lawrence of Arabia”), 1888–1935, English archaeologist, adventurer, soldier, and writer.
- a city in NE Massachusetts, on the Merrimack River. 63,175.
- a city in E Kansas, on the Kansas River. 52,738.
- a town in central Indiana. 25,591.
- a male given name: from a Latin word meaning “a man of Laurentum.”
- lawrence (Thesaurus)