Meaning of layout
Pronunciation: (lā'out"), [key]
- an arrangement or plan: We objected to the layout of the house.
- the act of laying or spreading out.
- a plan or sketch, as of an advertisement or a page of a newspaper or magazine, indicating the arrangement and relationship of the parts, as of type and artwork.
- (in advertising, publishing, etc.) the technique, process, or occupation of making layouts.
- spread (def. 34).
- a place, as of residence or business, and the features that go with it; a setup: a fancy layout with a swimming pool and a tennis court.
- a display or spread, as of dishes at a meal.
- a collection or set of tools, implements, or the like.
- an arrangement of cards dealt according to a given pattern, as in solitaire.
- a body position in which one is fully extended and arched backward, with the legs together and straight, the head thrown back, and the arms extended sideways. Cf. pike, (def. 14).
- layout (Thesaurus)