Meaning of lea
Pronunciation: (lē, lā), [key]
- a tract of open ground, esp. grassland; meadow.
- land used for a few years for pasture or for growing hay, then plowed over and replaced by another crop.
- a crop of hay on tillable land.
- untilled; fallow.
Pronunciation: (lē), [key]
- a measure of yarn of varying quantity, for wool usually 80 yards (73 m), cotton and silk 120 yards (110 m), linen 300 yards (274 m).
- a 20-lea yarn.
- a unit length used to ascertain the linear density of yarns.
- a count or number representing units of linear measure per pound in linen or cotton yarn:a 20-lea yarn.
Pronunciation: (lē for 1 lē&prim&schwa for 2), [key]
- 1876–1912, U.S. soldier and author: adviser 1911–12 to Sun Yat-sen in China.
- a female given name, form ofor
- lea (Thesaurus)