Meaning of linkage
Pronunciation: (ling'kij), [key]
- the act of linking; state or manner of being linked.
- a system of links.
- an association between two or more genes on a chromosome that tends to cause the characteristics determined by these genes to be inherited as an inseparable unit.
- an assembly of four or more rods for transmitting motion, usually in the same plane or in parallel planes.
- a factor or relationship that connects or ties one thing to another; link: Administration officials sought to establish linkage between grain sales and relaxed immigration laws.
- any of various mathematical or drawing devices consisting of a combination of bars or pieces pivoted together so as to turn about one another, usually in parallel planes.
- linkage (Thesaurus)