lithic: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (lith'ik), [key]
- pertaining to or consisting of stone.
- pertaining to clastic rocks, either sedimentary or volcanic, containing a large proportion of debris from previously formed rocks: a lithic sandstone; lithic tuff.
- pertaining to stony concretions, or calculi, formed within the body, esp. in the bladder.
- of, pertaining to, or containing lithium.
- a stone artifact.
- a combining form used in the names of cultural phases in archaeology characterized by the use of a particular type of tool: Chalcolithic; Neolithic.
- lithic (Thesaurus)