Meaning of logic
Pronunciation: (loj'ik), [key]
- the science that investigates the principles governing correct or reliable inference.
- a particular method of reasoning or argumentation: We were unable to follow his logic.
- the system or principles of reasoning applicable to any branch of knowledge or study.
- reason or sound judgment, as in utterances or actions: There wasn't much logic in her move.
- convincing forcefulness; inexorable truth or persuasiveness: the irresistible logic of the facts.
- a combining form used in the formation of adjectives corresponding to nouns ending inanalogic.
- logic (Thesaurus)