Meaning of lunatic
Pronunciation: (l'nu-tik), [key]
- an insane person.
- a person whose actions and manner are marked by extreme eccentricity or recklessness.
- a person legally declared to be of unsound mind and who therefore is not held capable or responsible before the law.
- insane; demented; crazy.
- characteristic or suggestive of lunacy; wildly or recklessly foolish.
- designated for or used by the insane: a lunatic asylum.
- gaily or lightheartedly mad, frivolous, eccentric, etc.: She has a lunatic charm that is quite engaging.
- lunatic (Thesaurus)