Meaning of madras
Pronunciation: (mad'rus, mu-dras', -dräs'), [key]
- a light cotton fabric of various weaves, esp. one in multicolored plaid or stripes, used for shirts, dresses, jackets, etc.
- a thin curtain fabric of a light, gauzelike weave with figures of heavier yarns.
- a large, brightly colored kerchief, of silk or cotton, often used for turbans.
- made of or resembling madras.
Pronunciation: (mu-dras', -dräs'), [key]
- a seaport in and the capital of Tamil Nadu state, in SE India, on the Bay of Bengal. 3,169,930.
- former name of
- madras (Thesaurus)