Meaning of maiden
Pronunciation: (mād'n), [key]
- a girl or young unmarried woman; maid.
- a horse that has never won a race.
- a race open only to maiden horses.
- an instrument resembling the guillotine, formerly used in Scotland for beheading criminals.
- of, pertaining to, or befitting a girl or unmarried woman.
- (of a woman) unmarried: my maiden aunt.
- made, tried, appearing, etc., for the first time: a maiden flight.
- (of a horse) never having won a race or a prize.
- (of a prize or a race) offered for or open only to maiden horses.
- untried, as a knight, soldier, or weapon.
- maiden (Thesaurus)