Meaning of massage
Pronunciation: (mu-säzh', -säj' or, esp. Brit., mas'äzh), [key]
— n., v., -saged, -sag•ing.
- the act or art of treating the body by rubbing, kneading, patting, or the like, to stimulate circulation, increase suppleness, relieve tension, etc.
- attentive or indulgent treatment; pampering: ego massage.
- to treat by massage.
- to treat with special care and attention; coddle or pamper: The store massages its regular customers with gifts and private sales.
- to massage a bill through the Senate.
- to manipulate, maneuver, or handle skillfully:to massage a bill through the Senate.
- to manipulate, organize, or rearrange (data, figures, or the like) to produce a specific result, esp. a favorable one:The auditors discovered that the company had massaged the books.
- massage (Thesaurus)