Meaning of materialize
Pronunciation: (mu-tēr'ē-u-līz"), [key]
— v., -ized, -iz•ing.
- to come into perceptible existence; appear; become actual or real; be realized or carried out: Our plans never materialized.
- to assume material or bodily form; become corporeal: The ghost materialized before Hamlet.
- to give material form to; realize: to materialize an ambition.
- to invest with material attributes: to materialize abstract ideas with metaphors.
- to make physically perceptible; cause (a spirit or the like) to appear in bodily form.
- to render materialistic.
- materialize (Thesaurus)