Meaning of meeting
Pronunciation: (mē'ting), [key]
- the act of coming together: a chance meeting in the park.
- an assembly or conference of persons for a specific purpose: a ten o'clock business meeting.
- the body of persons present at an assembly or conference: to read a report to the meeting.
- a hostile encounter; duel.
- an assembly for religious worship, esp. of Quakers.
- a place or point of contact; junction; union: the meeting of two roads; the meeting of the waters.
- to hold, conduct, or participate in a meeting: The producer took a meeting with the cast of the film.
- meeting (Thesaurus)