menace: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (men'is), [key]
— n., v., -aced, -ac•ing.
- something that threatens to cause evil, harm, injury, etc.; a threat: Air pollution is a menace to health.
- a person whose actions, attitudes, or ideas are considered dangerous or harmful: When he gets behind the wheel of a car, he's a real menace.
- an extremely annoying person.
- to utter or direct a threat against; threaten.
- to serve as a probable threat to; imperil.
- to express or serve as a threat.
- menace (Thesaurus)