mere: Meaning and Definition of
- being nothing more nor better than: a mere pittance; He is still a mere child.
- pure and unmixed, as wine, a people, or a language.
- fully as much as what is specified; completely fulfilled or developed; absolute.
- a lake or pond.
- any body of sea water.
— n. Brit. Dial.
- a boundary or boundary marker.
Pronunciation: (mer Eng. mâr), [key]
— pl. mères
- a combining form meaning “part,” used in the formation of compound words:Cf. blastomere.
- mere (Thesaurus)