metallic: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (mu-tal'ik), [key]
- of, pertaining to, or consisting of metal.
- of the nature of or suggesting metal, as in luster, resonance, or hardness: metallic green; a harsh metallic sound.
- metallic iron.
- (of a metal element) being in the free or uncombined state:metallic iron.
- containing or yielding metal.
- a yarn or fiber made partly or entirely of metal and having a metallic appearance.
- a fabric made of such a yarn or fiber.
- metallic (Thesaurus)