Meaning of method
Pronunciation: (meth'ud), [key]
- a procedure, technique, or way of doing something, esp. in accordance with a definite plan: There are three possible methods of repairing this motor.
- a manner or mode of procedure, esp. an orderly, logical, or systematic way of instruction, inquiry, investigation, experiment, presentation, etc.: the empirical method of inquiry.
- order or system in doing anything: to work with method.
- orderly or systematic arrangement, sequence, or the like.
- Also calleda theory and technique of acting in which the performer identifies with the character to be portrayed and renders the part in a naturalistic, nondeclamatory, and highly individualized manner.
- (usually cap.) of, pertaining to, or employing the Method: a Method actor; Method acting.
- method (Thesaurus)