Meaning of Milanese
Pronunciation: (mil"u-nēz', -nēs' for 1–4 mil"u-nā'zē or, It., mē"lä-ne'ze for 5), [key]
— n., pl. adj. -ese,
- a native or inhabitant of Milan, Italy.
- the Italian dialect spoken in Milan.
- a run-resistant, warp-knitted fabric of silk, rayon, or nylon used in the manufacture of women's apparel.
- a warp-knit structure in which two sets of threads are knitted in an interlocking series forming a crossed diagonal or diamond pattern.
- the machine that produces this knit structure.
- of, pertaining to, or characteristic of Milan, Italy, its inhabitants, or their dialect of Italian.
- spaghetti Milanese.
- (esp. of meats) coated with flour or bread crumbs and browned in hot oil or butter.
- (esp. of pasta) having a sauce of tomatoes, mushrooms, grated cheese, shredded meat, and truffles:spaghetti Milanese.
- milanese (Thesaurus)