Meaning of minus
Pronunciation: (mī'nus), [key]
- less by the subtraction of; decreased by: Ten minus six is four.
- lacking or without: a book minus its title page.
- involving or noting subtraction.
- algebraically negative: a minus quantity.
- less than; just below in quality: to get a C minus on a test.
- having negative qualities or characteristics; inferior.
- (in heterothallic fungi) designating, in the absence of morphological differentiation, one of the two strains of mycelia that unite in the sexual process.
- a minus quantity.
- a deficiency or loss.
- a person or thing with no apparent abilities, usefulness, etc.: The last applicant was a definite minus.
- minus (Thesaurus)